WHY DO WE SUBMIT TEAM INFO?
The SHRSL League is assuming that ANY and ALL swimmers submitted via SWIMTOPIA roster have turned in an official league Indemnity & Liability form to their respective teams – and that your coaches, board, League Board has immediate access to the forms should an emergency arise. Expectations for SHRSL League Liability forms are addressed in the bylaws/amendments and due dates posted below, per the SHRSL bylaws.
REPORTS & RESULTS DUE: REGULAR SEASON
RESULTS are DUE by WEDNESDAYS at 12 noon.
- Uploaded into Swimtopia
- We pull rosters from Swimtopia
- 100 point deduction, per bylaws for reports not turned in on time.
Meet Maestro | Swimtopia
Recording from Meet Maestro training for SHRSL on 05/10/22: https://vimeo.com/708630717/107f82d397
Recording from Workshop Webinar on Meet Entries: https://vimeo.com/707030678
Help Center section on Meet Maestro: https://help.swimtopia.com/hc/en-us/categories/360000734571-Meet-Maestro-Manage-Your-Meets–
Help Center section on SwimTopia mobile app: https://help.swimtopia.com/hc/en-us/categories/360000740471-SwimTopia-Mobile-App
All things Swimtopia – their help center has articles and workshops for everything: https://help.swimtopia.com/hc/en-us
TIPS of the TRADE
In Meet Maestro you will see the option to show the Athlete Numbers in the Actions menu next to the heat numbers.
Here is where you can find Swimmer Numbers/ID’s on the SwimTopia side:
- You can assign Swimmer Numbers/ID’s under Reports > Athlete Information > Athlete Registration Numbers
- You can also add a Swimmer ID to an athlete’s record on the People page — click on a swimmer’s name, click the white “Edit” button, then scroll down to the field for “Registration number”
- There is a filter to display the Athlete/Registration Numbers on the following reports:
- Meet Entries Matrix report
- Meet Entries by Athlete
The following pools are METERS. Set your meet preferences accordingly!
Sweetwater * Covington Woods * Sugar Land Sharks * Maplewood * Townewest
“Other” Pool Information:
Commonwealth Pool: FIVE (5) Lanes (Entries: Only heat TWO swimmers per team in HEAT ONE)
SWIMTOPIA & TEAM MANAGER 8.0: Inputting Swimmer Information
Swimmer ID numbers:
- TM | Please place your team’s TWO initials IN ALL CAPS (please remove ALL ST – example: NTST – New Territory Swim Team) at the front of all swimmer numbers in the Swimmer ID field. (Example: NT101, ME296, GW-987.) As long as the OFFICIAL team initial is at the front of the ID number, you may use whatever number code post-team-initials of your choosing.
- TM | Swimmer Information (personal information – emergency info included) shall be entered on each swimmer. The original swimmer ID number assigned by each team WITH THE TEAM INITIALS as the first two characters will remain the swimmers’ number throughout the entire season.
- PLEASE DO NOT REMOVE ANY SWIMMERS from you rosters. If for some reason you have to, please email Melanie an explanation for the records and let her know so she can correct things on her end. Duplicate swimmers will be viewed as ineligible swimmers. There are so many ways to handle “non-competitive” and “practice-only.” Need help? Email Mel.
- DATA BASE & Athlete information: On the right side of the athlete information frame, is a GROUP setting.
- ONE DATABASE per Team!
- You may use the GROUP CODES for whatever your heart desires.
- Suggestion: Go ahead and mark your PT (practice team) in the “athlete groups” area on the RIGHT SIDE of the ATHLETE info box. Just a suggestion for your bookkeeping!
- Suggestion: Set up a group code for NON-COMPETITIVE.
- Suggestion: Set up a group code for MEET TEAM (MT).
- Suggestion: You could use the group codes to label the AGE GROUPS (easier to run report filter).
- No multiple databases necessary for those on “practice teams” or pre-season clinics (follow the bylaws).
- ALL SWIMMERS entering the water under the name of a team are required to be on a roster and have a WAIVER on file through Swimtopia.
- Mark them whatever you want in the columns – just need to be on a roster. This is MORE than communicated at meetings. NO SECONDARY DATABASES.
- The official team count should NEVER be smaller. Reports are run each time a roster is submitted and compared to the previous rosters for an accurate swimmer count. These are official counts and will be updated ONLINE (not via individual email). Any discrepancies should be handled IMMEDIATELY, so we don’t “lose” a swimmer.
- Splash Report (TM8): This tells you how many kids have entered the water AT A MEET. This is your “Competition Team”.
- Splashes on Swimtopia: A “results” or Top Times report (filter our your Mock Meet by date) will tell you who has swam in a meet. Watch for 200.
- Remember – you may only have 200 swimmers on your COMPETITIVE.MEET TEAM roster.
EXPORTING on TEAM MANAGER:
- PLEASE use the export team roster function found under FILE > Export Athlete/Team. Send me the ZIP file (not Excel, not PDF…just the Zip)
- **VERY IMPORTANT** When emailing rosters, please use your Team Name & Team Initials in the SUBJECT LINE. Saving your exports with your initials in the file name would help me tremendously!
SET UP INSTRUCTIONS FOR NEW USERS or FOR SETTING UP Team Manager – Swimtopia issues: Email / Call Melanie:
NEW SEASON: If you used HyTek/ Team Manager last year and want to keep the information: Read this > NEW SEASON-MAINTENANCE
Set Up- Preferences (found in the links at the top of your screen)
Gender Designation Boys/Girls (B/G)
Athlete Browser Show Ages
Last Name First
State/Province Labels TX
- Default Team Reg OTH
- Default Team Type REC
- Default Country USA
- Default LCS GU (or leave blank)
- Default State TX
Meet Age-Up Date 05/31/20**
System Age-Up Date 05/31/20**
** If you have all of this set up correctly, TM8.0 will NOT allow you to only enter ONE of the dates. It will force you to enter both. If you are NOT asked for both, check your DEFAULT TEAM TYPE…..
MEET SET UP on TM8 (Update 8.0E)
Add a Meet
DATES: Set the MONDAY MEET DATE – for Start Date & End Date. You can use the HOST ENTRY date of the Sunday prior.
AGE: Set your AGE UP date to MAY 31, 20**
EVENTS: You can copy from last year’s meets OR hand enter.