All those wishing to stroke judge, be a starter or meet director must attend some form of a clinic. Every 3rd year, you must attend a long clinic which more thoroughly cover the strokes, turns and starts. The short clinic offers more of a brief refresher and covers any changes in the stroke, turn and start rules.
The Coaches Clinic was started in 2011 and had many positive responses from those in attendance. Coach Dana (Kappes) Skelton from First Colony Swim Team will lead the discussion and share things from training tips to stroke drills to child psychology. This clinic is for coaches only and is for the new coach all the way through the well-seasoned coach.
Questions – Contact Steve at [email protected]
2012 Stroke Judge/Starter/MeetDirector Clinic Dates:
- May 12 | Meadows – 7:30am short clinic, 8:00am long
- May 15 | First Colony Gold – SHORT ONLY 6:00pm (Settlers Way Pool)
- May 19 | Greatwood – 7:30am short clinic, 8:00am long
- May 19 | Wahoo – Chancellors Racquet Club – 2:00pm short, 2:30 pm long
- May 23 | Sweetwater – 6:00pm short, 6:30pm long
- May 26 | Maplewood – 7:30am short, 8:00am long
- June 2 | New Territory – 7:30am short clinic, 8:00am long